Subject: Re: What Bones need ...
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 00:43:06 -0400 (EDT)

Dave Warner wrote:

> I know this has been answered before, but I'm wondering what language 
> plug-ins will have to be written in to work with LightWave?  Will it be 
> as easy as writing an AREXX script or is something like C or assembler?

The short answer is that you have to write plugins in C, and they're
not easy for C beginners.

There's no technical reason they couldn't be written today in another
language, but at the moment the plugin developers' kit is 100% C, and
the plugin system design favors C ways of doing things.  I have no
doubt, though, that someone will eventually write a plugin that can
either interpret scripts or communicate with a standalone interpreter.

- Ernie

--
Ernie Wright <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]